As the curve of COVID-19 infections begins to level off and government stay-at-home orders begin to expire, businesses are challenged with the complexities of safely returning employees back to work. Here are five steps you can take to maintain a healthy work environment and boost COVID-19 prevention in the workplace.
1. Support respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene for employees, customers, and worksite visitors.
2. Perform routine environmental cleaning and disinfection, especially in common areas.
3. Take precautions when attending meetings and gatherings. Consider whether travel is necessary.
4. Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet (or two arm lengths) from others.
5. Consider other long-term changes that reduce the potential for exposure, like removing objects in common areas, leaving doors open and opening windows for ventilation.
Although there's not a one-size-fits-all approach to a return to work plan, use this list of best practices as a guide when determining ways your company can keep the workplace safe. By educating employees on hand and respiratory hygiene, encouraging social distancing, and regularly disinfecting common surfaces, you can boost your COVID-19 prevention efforts.
Do you have a comprehensive COVID-19 response plan? Learn how TargetCare can help.